Friday, March 24, 2006

Cup of woe

Apologies for the absence but I have been rather ill this week and have not really felt like getting out of bed let alone writing anything. I even missed the Turkish Cup match on Wednesday between Galatasaray and the team that cannot be mentioned, so you can tell I was ill!!

So Galatasaray won the match but lost the war and the Kadikoy brigade get to play extra matches in the run in to the end of the season. This is a good thing as the Turkish Cup is effectiely a meaningless competition except when we beat the idiots 5 -1 like last year....I dont think there is even a UEFA Cup spot for the winner. Of course the UEFA Cup is important I mean Galatsaray have won that, even it was a conincidence, now let me think which competition the team that cannot be mentioned have won in Europe......... oh yes nothing and never will. Anyway now we can concentrate on winning the Super Lig and qualifying for the Champions League.

There were a couple of comments from some previous posts, please if you are going to comment be brave enough to tell me who you are, anonymous is just pathetic. And Murat, whilst I agree with you about idiots throwing stuff on the pitch think back to the first leg of the Cup match when Hasan Sas could not take corner kicks because of the crap being thrown!!!

Anyway all for now, GS have a hard game this weekend away in Kurdish town and I need some rest before I watch it.

1 comment:

IMA said...

Hope you feel better!