Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bad and better

Well Galatasaray's adventure in the UEFA Cup came to a bad end on Thursday night and no amount of aspirin will kill the pain of the 5-1 defeat to Bayer Leverkeusen. The 0-0 draw the week before had given us a mountain to climb and the wayward finishing in that match being a key factor in the draw. It was pity becasue in the first game we were probably the better team.

In the return match the team never really got started and coceding early was a blow. There have been ocmments around thta relying on young turkish players was a mistake but I do not believe that. Having to play Konya on Monday and then travel to Germany on the Thursdy while no thlping cannot really be used as an exceuse. Sometimes you have games like this where everything the opposition team does ends in a goal and everything you try does not work. I would say it was bad day at the office and thta the younger plyares will benefit from this experience even if it is very depressing. I mean imaging how Man Utd players felt two weeks ago losing at home to Man City but no-one suggests they are not good enough..

Anyway I was cheered up immensley today when the team that is looking to dominate for the next 10 years lost at home to Bursaspor so if we won tomorrow against Kasimpasa who are bottom with only 12 points we will open up a 4 point gap.

Whilst I am glad that Feldkampf has been brave enough to play young Turkish players I am happy that Lincoln is returning from injury as his experience will be helpful during the end of season

2 comments:

IMA said...

My family's from Bursa and I love that city- I practically grew up there each summer of my childhood.. so when FB loses to Bursaspor, it's fine and dandy with me..

Eski Kanka Jim said...

Maniac Kanka, Yankee Kanka and I were in The Cappadokia Bar last night and we sang a song to all those `Ankara` Fener fans there... it goes something like this...

Olay Olay Bursaspor Bursaspor
Olay Olay Bursaspor Bursaspor !!

They were a wee bit miffed, but when they saw our ANKARAGUCU scarves and hats they understood our loyalty and exuberance for a great Bursaspor performance.

On the subject of CimBom's exit from YooRo, they reminded me of Ankaragucu going out of the Turkish Cup with a whimper !!

At least CimBom are still in there with Sivas for the League Trophy while Ankaragucu have their minds focused on other matters !!