Saturday, July 14, 2007

Normal service resumes

Back again.

So Galatasaray had a good tournament in Switzeralnd winning the Obi cup. I wonder if that is linked to the Star wars character Obi Wan Kenobi, probably not but its something to consider!

Having defeated Anderlecht and the might of Young Boys Berne, who the Husband tells me he has actually seen play live in Berne many years ago, we raised the first silverware of the season. Couple of the young guys scored as well as Umit so despite the fact the teams we were playing are probably trying out hew players and just getting going that was encouraging to see.

Next up is FC Koln and the chance to use Mondragon as target practice and after that Dusseldorf and the Bochum to compete the German leg of the preseason. So far no injuries or other issues to report which is good but I cannot comment on the performances as I have not seen the games.

Latest rumour is that Morientes is going to join but I am not too excited about that as we already have a number of strikers who can score regularly and as proved at Liverpool it seems he can only score in Spain.

I guess this would fill the 6+1 quota although in this case as I say I am not sure we really need him. I think Rommedahl would have been a better bet to make sure Necati, Umit and Hasan Kabze get a good supply.

Anyway I think thats about all for now.

No comments: